Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update from February 24th

So it was a rough couple of days for Jenene. She had been suffering from a migraine since 2/23. She was treating it with meds along with pain meds and anti-inflammatory medicines.

She had her Lumbar Puncture procedure the morning of the 24th, and they said she did fine.

Her liver enzymes are slightly elevated but they are on the decline from yesterday when she had liver inflammation. Her ALT’s are normal and her ACT’s are elevated. She had a hepatitis C test to see if that was the cause, but it came back negative

She was sleeping all day with an IV fluid bag and a bunch of meds to fight off the migraine; which… seems to have helped her a lot as she has peaked up a lot and has even asked to something to eat. It is only goldfish crackers, but SHE IS EATING GOLDFISH CRACKERS!! And now thin mints (I was excited about this!).

Also, I had mentioned in one of my updates about Team In Training (www.teamintraining.org/); well I have signed up to run the Portland Marathon with Team In Training. I have to raise about $1,500 dollars to have the entry fee for the marathon taken care of, and the majority of the money raised will go the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If anyone is interested in signing up, they have a few more races and events that you can do, or even just to volunteer. Let me know. I will have a website up in a few days to help with my fundraising.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment