Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The 100 day mark.

Why is 100 days so important? For a cancer patient, it means that you get some freedom back and don't have to be watched 24 hours a day. My mom planned a great trip to the beach. My 100th day was September 8th. Charlene was going to fly in from Vegas and of course Ross and Scott were going to be going as well. While I was in the hospital I would get on the computer and look at things that we could do at the beach. I wrote everything down that I wanted to do. That was my new thing, writing and planning for the future since my memories were a bit fuzzy. The beach trip was wonderful because I was actually out of Portland. Ross and I still worried that something could happen. That feeling doesn't really go away. My family has been so kind and the beach trip was just what I needed. Now that I have made you feel all warm and fuzzy. Don't worry I didn't have any tramatic things happen in September. That doesn't mean that it was a walk in the park and that's the thing. I was barely able to walk and when I got out of the hospital around the the middle of August so when the 100 days came around it really wasn't my 100 days. I have been challenged every couple of months that has set me back. I keep pushing and pushing for a better me. I actually am challenged everyday with something by the body, mind and soul. For me the next couple of months went by without really any problems. I was really pushing to go back to work, but the doctor wouldn't let me. I am really thankful for the doctor that I have because he makes me really think about things and knows me better than I do myself.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard at times to put total trust in the doctors that hardly know you at first, but you must. I know for me, I still find myself questioning my doctor’s moves but I do trust him, I have too. It really helps me that he talks to me as a person and not another doctor. “Up and up” he says the only way to go!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete