Thursday, September 27, 2012

This is mine

Hmm, how do I feel? Well, I am pretty happy with life right now. I bought tickets to a couple of concerts that are coming up. One is one of my favorite bands, Passion Pit. Makes me want to get up and dance when I hear them. They make me very happy. Let's see, politics aren't to be discussed, since I might offend someone. Ha, I so don't care. My opinion is my opinion, and you can keep yours. I do educate myself. I stay up with current news. I read a lot. I don't have my blinders on. So that being said. I think that Paul Ryan is the worst choice for Mitt. I have never so strongly disliked a candidate. I think the last time that I was pro-life was when I was 16, even before I could vote. By the time that I was 18 I was pro-choice. Could you imagine someone trying to tell me what I could and couldn't do with my body. Ya, like that would happen. Let's think about this, what if I wasn't able to get birth control because it is morally wrong. I wonder how many kids I would have and how many baby daddies. I mean really. No kids and stable or kids and probably needing some state assistance. It really isn't that hard of a choice. Now that I don't have to worry about that, it is onto the next thing. Healthcare! Alright, this is to all my friends that are my age. Listen to this. I was on Medicare when I was in the hospital. They lowered the cost of medications and also covered different bills. It was a life saver. So, when you hear about Medicare, it isn't just for the old. You are going to need it at some point in your life. Also, pre-existing conditions. If I ever work at another place, with Obamacare in place I don't have to worry about being denied insurance. But if it gets turned over then I will always have to worry if I will be able to. It is unlikely that I would be able since I had a life threaten disease. I can't even get life insurance for 7 to 10 years. Oops, sorry honey. Think about your future and your kids future. Do you have a will? Do you have a form with the hospital saying when it is okay for you to be saved and when to stop saving you? What is something happened to you tomorrow and your kid was left alone? Who would they go to? Just because we are "young" we have to think about the hard things in life. Does someone have the passwords to your bills, email, and bank accounts?
Did you know that much about stem cell transplants? Without the testing they would be able to cure diseases. I might not have been successful with my transplant.
What is all my point to this? From the time that you are born to the time that you die that politics are going to be apart of your life. Educate yourself. Be a voter! Make choices on what you think, not what I think.
Oh by the way, this is my blog. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment